Business Development Manager - London
- Manage lead generation activities, and outsourced lead generation (as appropriate) for your territory.
- Follow up on all leads generated through Marketing campaigns and other activities.
- Develop the sales channel to introduce new Firmstep platform technologies and products in your territory.
- Close new business on existing and new technologies in line with your personal Sales targets and your Sales forecast.
- Work with internal consultancy and development teams to identify new revenue opportunities.
- Ensure regular contact with all accounts, in person, over the phone and via email, to ensure early identification of all new opportunities and potential issues.
- Respond to RFQ’s, PQQ’s and tenders for your territory.
- Identify new business opportunities through direct contact, networking, attending exhibitions, etc.
- Lead customer presentations and demonstrations, working with pre-sales staff, ensuring presentations meet the needs of the target audience.
- Provide input into, and feedback on Marketing collateral and materials using your market knowledge and insight.
- Work with Product Managers to help ensure that existing products and technologies continue to be competitive, and to identify areas for innovation.
- Maintain information in the Firmstep CRM for all accounts in your Territory.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of local government market and legislation and competitors in our market place.
- Achieve or exceed agreed sales targets, putting in place suitable action plans to ensure success.
- Maintain actions plans for all customers in your territory demonstrating how you will achieve or exceed your agreed sales targets.
- Ensure pipeline coverage meets or exceeds agreed levels at all times.
- Ensure that the Firmstep CRM is up to date at all times, with details of all Contacts, Opportunities, Activities, Tasks, Wins and Losses.
- Ensure the Firmstep CRM contains an accurate forecast at all times, with specific focus on Opportunities forecast in the following 3 months.
- Maintain good knowledge of Firmstep product set and their unique selling points (USPs) over key competitors.
- Project a positive image of oneself and the Company to others at all times.
- Ensure effective self-management and organisation.
- Ensure and maintain a strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and the teams.
- Plan to optimise the achievement of results by showing concern for excellence in customer service at all times.
- Operate within the Company’s policies, procedures and systems.
Skills and experience:
- At least 3 years working in a Consultative Sales role in a B2B environment within the IT sector.
- Proven track record of regularly achieving or exceeding Sales targets, and ability to evidence how your personal approach to planning, forecasting and delivery has led to this success.
- Proven experience to generate leads through personal action.
- Experience in a Enterprise sell
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Experience of responding to, and winning tenders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent presentation skills.
- Experience of presenting solutions to individual customers, and customer groups.
- Excellent self-motivation, organisation and time management skills.
- The ability to set personal targets and goals and drive yourself to achieve them by identifying barriers to success early and putting in place plans to overcoming them.
- A full UK driving license
- At least 5 years working in a Sales role in the IT Sector, with at least 3 of these years selling software products to the local government sector.
- Sales experience in an eForms or CRM market.
- Experience of recording plans and activity in Salesforce CRM or equivalent
- Previous experience of managing small sales team would be desirable although not a requirement for this specific role.
- This role is office based, although the company are flexible in allowing the successful candidate to work from home where appropriate
- Ideal location for candidates would be within the M25
- Travel within the UK to visit existing or prospective customers is a fundamental requirement of this role. In line with this overnight stays may be required.
- Salary is dependent on candidates skills and experience.
- Private Medical Scheme provided on successful completion of probation period & 24 days holiday offered.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Candidates should submit their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org