As a Pre-Sales Executive, you will be ultimately responsible for supporting the team throughout the sales cycle in order to promote the technical features and benefits of our Customer Experience Platform. You will be instrumental in supporting the development of existing key accounts as well as the acquisition of new clients, by attending and presenting at presales and post-sale meetings and supporting the execution of the products go live process.
- Working with and communicating effectively to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Providing answers to technical questions in a Request for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), and other tender process stages.
- Monitoring and managing the technical pre‐sales environments.
- Performing product patches and upgrades where required.
- Managing user accounts to ensure users have the appropriate access levels.
- Optimising resources and delivering within specified time frames and to budget.
- Utilising your technical understanding to analyse and maximise platform performance.
- Monitoring products throughout the early stages of set up to ensure any bugs are identified and resolved.
- Supporting the sales team with technical training on new and existing products.
- Proactively engaging in the sales cycles and assisting in the execution of specific sales strategies.
- Assisting the sales team in the qualification of customer needs and pre-demo requirements analysis.
- Supporting the sales team with technical qualifications.
- Supporting the sales team at customer events.
- Possessing an understanding of sales methodologies.
- Updating product documentation.
- Understanding the market and be able to position our products against the competition.
- Effectively collaborating with multiple internal teams to demonstrate a tailored value proposition i.e -development, consultants, project team and customer success.
- Delivering technical product training to new customers to ensure they are comfortable and confident with the systems operating functions and features.
- Being able to position and present the Firmstep Platform to customers at all levels of an organisation.
- Representing the company with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Assisting with the management of new feature requests.
- Building custom demonstrations and Proof of Concepts (POC) to match customer requirements.
- Effectively resolving technical questions and escalation from customers.
- Educated to degree level and worked within a pre-sales role within the public sector for 2 years+.
- Knowledge of Local Government preferable.
- Knowledge of customer services environments preferable.
- Knowledge/Experience preferred in some or all of these areas: ERP, BPR, CRM, CMS, Web portals eForms, SaaS.
- Excellent presentation, demonstration, and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure.
- Good listening and consultative skills.
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate product benefits and features to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to translate technical and business requirements into deliverable solution.
- Affinity to both sales and technology.
- Travel within the UK to visit existing or prospective customers is a requirement of this role where overnight stays may be needed.
- From time to time you may be required to carry out tasks that fall outside of your position’s remit.
- Within reason, you may be required to work outside of your standard contracted hours to meet the needs of the business.
- As part of your on-going development, you may be required to undertake training in order to meet the requirements of your role.