As a Project Manager at Firmstep, you are ultimately responsible for concurrently managing a number of small to medium sized projects from pre-sales through to sign-off after go-live. The projects will be managed across the entire programme and require a flexible and dynamic approach to scheduling, documentation and controls, as well as stakeholder management in order to ensure positive engagement from the customer throughout the process.
- Identifying resources and assigning responsibilities.
- Using metrics and corporate goals to define expected outcomes and deadlines.
- Understanding of the company products; how these function and relate to each other
- Understanding of basic revenue models and P/L. Taking personal responsibility for the management of time and budgets in the delivery of projects.
- Taking responsibility for planning, scoping solutions and products in line with company pricing and profit targets.
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects.
- Working with developers, consultants, product manager and customer success to define and document questions, liaising with customers to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submitting project status reports to stakeholders, anticipating and reacting to change.
- Providing information and support to enable customers to meet new requirements by extending systems.
- Taking an active role in assisting the technical development of products and solutions in particular in technical documentation, advice and delivery.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the company’s services in order to provide the highest level of advice, support and customer service.
- Assisting with the development of online community to encourage self-support.
- Leading on Project hand-overs including a smooth migration from intensive project help to standard Support and clear documentation.
- Creating and delivering project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying risks, issues and dependencies for projects, maintaining a log and ensuring associated actions are taken
- Producing commissioned work to a high standard and by agreed deadlines, always communicating any changes.
- Taking personal responsibility for tracking time against appropriate projects on the time tracking system and highlighting any discrepancies in hours and projects.
- Capturing metrics such that optimise profit, customer service, product excellence, including time tracking, and planning profitability of projects.
- Assisting with identifying new repeatable solutions – platform based where possible.
- Competent in required project methodology.
- Proven project management experience (ideally PRINCE2 accredited), running multiple projects in parallel from “the cradle to the grave”.
- Experience of matrix-managing resources required for the successful delivery of a project.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Experience of working with Local Government, housing associations and government departments.
- Knowledge of Web based technologies (Using web servers, basic HTML etc.), SQL Server experience, JS, CSS and XML.
- Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban or DSDM).
- You will be required to travel up to 50% of the time (occasionally much higher) supporting clients on site throughout the UK.
- You will be required to take your Company laptop home each evening as part of the business needs.
- From time to time you may be required to carry out tasks that fall outside of your positions remit.
- Within reason, you may be required to work outside of your standard contracted hours to meet the needs of the business during evenings and weekends.
- As part of your on-going development, you may be required to undertake training in order to meet the requirements of your role.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Candidates should submit their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If above sounds like something you could be interested in, please contact us on email@example.com